Sunday, August 8, 2010

SURPRISE! (I heart faces)

My mom may just kill me for posting this. (That would make a great surprise photo too) But I absolutley adore this picture. My mom turned 50 at the beginning of July. She has been talking for quite awhile on how she wanted to go on a cruise for her 50th. Because money has been tight for everyone she never thought that she would be able to go. Low and behold I made it happen. With the help of my brothers and her husband. I planned a day for my mom MONTHS before her birthday. Sent her on a scavenger hunt around town. Her final destination was at our favorite Mexicann Restarant on the river. We yelled happy birthday! She was confused because her birthday was 3 months down the road. Well... she opened her presents and I had made a scrapbook for her, she started crying half way through.. and then she saw the "WE ARE GOING ON A MEXICANN CRUISE" page.. and this is the image (along with many others leading up to this) I captured. LOVE IT!  (sorry this was so long)

Check out more SURPRISE photos at http://www.iheartfaces.com/!


19 comments:

Carrie said...

SO WONDERFUL! Such a great picture, and a wonderful story behind it!

Melina Roberts Photography said...

Great expression, definately looks surprised!

Melina Roberts Photography said...

great expression!

Melina Roberts Photography said...

great expression!

4 Lettre Words said...

Ha...love it. Great choice.

lisa said...

That is really a great capture :)Her eyes and expression says it all!

Dena said...

I think this is my favorite photo so far. I love the emotion. Good shot and very nice gift for your mom.

Rachelle said...

So sweet! What a look of absolute (tearful) surprise! Hope the trip is a great one and the memories amazing.

Mrs Mar said...

GRATE SHOT. What a cool moment to captur.

We are going to suprise my mother by flying down to her (we live in Austira she lives in New Zealand) for her 50th birthday.

Danielle said...

What a lucky Mom! Love the reaction and the genuine surprise, fabulous job!

Helen said...

Fantastic! I teared up reading it and then seeing the picture!

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh! That is just too amazing. You actually put tears in my eyes. Wonderful story and incredible picture. Your mom is one lucky woman.

Lacie Lauree said...

Thank you everyone for your kind word! I love this so much too. We went on the cruise 3 weeks ago and had a BLAST! Defintaley a memory we won't ever formet.

Mrs. Mar- That is a fantastic surprise for your mom! Safe travels to you!

Thank you again!

Capturing Sunshine said...

This one brought tears to my eyes. Truly. What a beautiful gift, and a lovely surprise for Mom. Excellent capture!!

Colleen Broach said...

What a great gift, and great photo. Being able to do something for your parent like that is amazing!!

Laurie Jean said...

Thank you Lacie, this was a GREAT surprise and I will hold that memory in my heart forever. I love you and pray that we will have meany more fun surprises together in the future.
p.s. could you photoshop my wrenkles next time my hands look about 100 yrs old there. Great shot of age!!!! love ya, mom

Veens said...

Priceless@!

Alisia K said...

love it!
how fun!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story! I love it! How wonderful to be able to do something so special for your Mama!